Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Treat Bag

Every Monday I visit the blog of Jeanette Lynton, CEO and Founder of Close To My Heart. Color Me Monday is her challenge to use a certain color palette to create something from the heart. This color combination works perfectly for a project on my "To Do List."


Halloween is just days away and I have a dozen treat bags to make. I came across this card awhile ago and knew I wanted to make it. However, I don't usually make Halloween cards so I took this idea and made it into a bag. Here is how I did it.

Step 1: Gather supplies



- Sweet Leaf Cardstock, 9 inches high by 6 inches wide, width is scored at 1 inch and 5 inches, and scored 1 inch from bottom
- Smokey Plum Cardstock, 3 inches high by 4 inches wide, cut "spikes" in bottom, stamp saying in black ink in top left corner. The stamp in the picture is from the set Smarty Pants by Stampin' Up.
- 2 Black 1 inch circles, 2 Colonial White 1 3/8 inch circles, 2 Sweet Leaf 1 3/8 inch circles cut in half sponged in Sweet Leaf Ink (You will only use 3 of the halves.)
- Black marker, white gel pen, and ribbon



Step 2: Make the Frankie Face!


- Fold on all the score lines, you can see from the picture that I cut away the corner squares in one half of the box, and on the other I cut slits from the bottom to the score line to form flaps.
- Glue the hair and eyes to the box before assembling and add features with the black marker and gel pen.






Step 3: Assemble the Box

- Glue the two halves of the box together at the bottom and glue the flaps in to the bottom.
- Pull the box together and glue the sides.
- Attach the ribbon to the top with brads, staples, or paper punch and eyelets. I just paper punched a hole and then used a glue dot to the inside.
- Now add the treats!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you stopped by my blog today and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Crystal