Wednesday, August 22, 2012

FSS Calla Lilies Card


Things have been a bit hectic lately and I haven't had much time to craft. My father was in the hospital. So I became the primary caregiver for my mom, squeezing in time to visit him at the hospital, as well as trying to get my classroom ready for the school year. My dad came home yesterday and is able to help around the house so things got a bit easier for me. But I'm still struggling with the time and inspiration to craft. I feel like I lost my crafting mojo with everything going on in life. I'm sure that happens to all of us!

This is a quick and simple card using an image and sentiment from Fred, She Said Calla Lilies and Sentiments Set. I printed out the flowers and sentiment I wanted on white card stock. Then I punched an oval with my Nestibilities die from black card stock. I adhered the flowers so the peek through the window. I cut the triangle from the sentiment strip free hand to give it the look of a banner. I feel like it needs something else, but I'm not quite sure. You may see another version reposted. Maybe with ribbon.



 

2 comments:

  1. beautiful card Crystal. Our play date would have gotten your mojo back. Glad to hear that your dad is home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of your card...I love it just as it is!
    Hope all goes well with your parent's health!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by my blog today and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Crystal