Sunday, June 8, 2014

Bendy Card and Cricut Explore Share



Yesterday I gathered together with Close To My Heart consultants for a unit meeting. I had requested a demonstration from my upline, Joyce, on how she made this card. The whole time we were using paper trimmers, scissors and as x-acto knife a few of us thought how much faster this could be if there was a cut file for our Cricut Explore! So yesterday I used shapes from Artiste and Art Philosophy to make a bendy card base. Here is how it looks in Cricut Design Space:


The green pieces will be the card base. The front pieces that bend have score lines for where they can be folded and adhered to the back of the main piece. The pink pieces will be the the decorative panels. Both the green and pink pieces have cut lines for where the tabs insert. The yellow pieces are decorative pieces to put on the back and hide the "mechanics" of the card. If none of the embellishments stick out then the card will fit in a standard envelope. This file is sharable but you need to have CTMH cartridges Art Philosophy and Artiste as well as the Cricut Explore and Design Space software. Here is the project link. Make sure to stop by again on Tuesday, June 10 for the Joyful Stars June blog hop. I have another bendy card to show!

Close To My Heart Supplies:


Other:

Cricut Explore and Design Space (Provo Craft)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your file, Crystal. Off to try it out! : ) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for share! I don't have that cartridge you use, Can I still make this card will the file work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your card & the carnival one you made. Quite the talent you have. I would love to have your Cricut template (pictured above) but when I click on the link it simply takes me to design space without a file. Is there a way to still get this file? I do have both the cartridges you mention. TIA
    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sorry for the delay in responding. I created this back in 2014 and it seems that through the years the sharing might have been turned off. I also have modified it to be the green layer cardstock and the pink layer patterned paper. I eliminated the yellow layer that was additional cardstock to add to the back to hide things and add stability. I don't think it needs it. Here is direct link to the mat. Fingers crossed it will work! https://design.cricut.com/#/design/17954591

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by my blog today and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Crystal